Saturday, January 11, 2014

And the quest continues...

I've spent the last week or so doing almost nothing but trying to market my new novel, "Dylan's Prize", in one fashion or another.  While I've been able to gain a good bit of followers on Twitter each day, not many of them seem to be driven to my Amazon profile.  From what I can tell, Twitter seems to be just a bunch of other authors advertising their works and a bunch of motivational messages.  The Facebook profile is still not getting much traction, either.  I'm certain that people are aware of the books at this point, but just aren't interested in clicking on the links.  I still plan on doing the best I can with it.  But if that still doesn't work, I might have to adjust my tactics a bit.  We'll see what happens.

On the plus side (sort of), I also ran a free book promotion with another of my stories, "The Auction", which did fairly well.  A good number of people downloaded it, but so far only two people have posted reviews as a direct result of the promo.  I've noticed that people flock to books that have a lot of good reviews, or a lot of reviews in general.  The idea was to use the free book to help promote my new novel.  I guess it's too early to tell anything yet, but so far it doesn't look like that happened much.

And so the quest continues.

1 comment: