Friday, January 17, 2014

Just another day

It's been a couple of weeks now since I embarked on my latest literary journey with the release of my novel, "Dylan's Prize", and I have to say that so far, it's been a learning experience.  I've said it before and it still rings true: Marketing my book has been at least as hard as it was to write it. 

Any author pours hours into their works.  They're labors of love that we richly enjoy and hope that those who read get to experience the passion we authors put into our craft.  But at the same time, we all want to be successful at it, as well.  That's easier said than done.  There are literally hundreds of thousands of aspiring writers in the U.S. alone, myself being one, but as far as who gets to rise to the top is a matter of great debate.  So far, what I've noticed is that is takes a great deal of marketing savvy, the ability to kiss the right amount of ass at just the right time, and some luck.

As of yet, my efforts have met with limited success.  I'm driving traffic to my books, but that's about all at this point.  Whether those who stop by and take a look are simply disinterested in what they see, or if it's something else entirely, I just don't know at this point.  I need to find a way to transfer that traffic into sales. I put over a year of effort in writing my novel and have already started the framework for the next book in the series.  I'll be damned if I'm going to see all that work go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment